Track Record in Life Assurance and Financial Services
- Deal experience includes acquisition of Angel Train Contracts (one of the privatised BR Rolling stock companies) for £700 million and the Phoenix Inns portfolio of 2,000 public houses for £1.3 billion.
- Drove all corporate finance aspects in the establishment of a £1 billion Buy-Out Fund focused on Nomura’s successful track record in acquiring and financing large-scale assets.
- Senior Banking Analyst and Credit Officer for Nomura’s proprietary trading activities, emerging market bond issuers and financial institutions entering the Bond capital markets. European Banking analyst for Nomura’s proprietary and non-proprietary trading activities.
Barclays Bank plc
- Structured the merger and reorganisation of two closed life businesses into one company with £8 billion of Assets Under Management and 1 million policyholders resulting in significant cost savings and operating synergies across the Life Division.
- Deliverables included a unique £720 million refinancing programme programme involving a £400 million securitisation of “relevant regulatory surplus”, one of the few successful securitisations of a “closed book” undertaken by a Life Company in Europe.
- Challenges involved managing the disparate legal, actuarial, corporate finance, regulatory, capital markets, taxation, and operational and economic value aspects of this transaction within highly challenging timescales.
- Acted as CEO, repositioned the business and led sale for a reported amount of US£900 million.
Throgmorton Investment Management
- Co-founded an investment management company that became an acknowledged leader in investing private and institutional money in British, North American and Asian smaller companies.
Listed Asset Management, Life and Pensions Groups
- Developed resilience and contingency planning programmes covering actuarial, capital markets and regulatory arbitrage measures to improve solvency.
- Delivered strategies included:
- Solvency Monitoring and the appropriate focus for current market and actuarial conditions.
- Appropriate Investment, Capital Markets and Actuarial strategies for adverse market conditions.
All registered trademarks and registered product names mentioned herein, belong to their respective owners.